Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: EBay postings

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't want to sound like an old grouch.
    But for the purpose of this site maybe if we
    posted a small picture of the item for reference. Eventually the EBay item will no longer be available for viewing.This should not infringe on property rights but be a service for the owner and the browsers of this forum.

    ............

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've thought about this from time to time, too. When the ebay pictures aren't able to be seen anymore, the comments and/or identification in the thread will be useless. Granted if all we are doing is making fun of the seller's ad, the no big deal, but often times ebay items are posted for identification/discussion purposes that would be nice to keep for future use/readers.

    My opinion.... we all need to start using Photobucket and the like, more often, instead of only linking to Ebay.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Photobucket seems to be reliable. I've also seen other forums use Photobucket as their main picture download set up. Perhaps Hostboard should
    contemplate a partnership with them.

    .....................

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With the recent record-setting copyright infringement judgements fresh in mind, I got to wondering where our activity lies in that domain...

    I still don't know... forums

    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night (good one Mike) forums

    Actually, I ended up at Wikipedia's image use policy page, where I began to grasp the complexities...

    As evidenced in the courts, "we meant no harm" isn't a valid defense. forums

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    EBay postings


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't really see bothering unless it's an unusual item. 90% of the Ebay items I refer to, pics are readily available of.

    Things like the Lansing Iconic cabinet we were discussing the other day, would merit the extra effort. But a common multicell or similar wouldn't be worth it.

    I point out a lot of deals if I think they are gonna go cheap- once the auction's over, it's over.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tomt has been doing a really nice job of archiving some of the premium photos. I'm not sure how well Photobucket and similar online storage would be suitable in the long run though, as they're not a permanent solution either.

    Since we expect eBay sellers to credit info sources such as our library, I also wonder if it would be wise to reciprocate credit to an eBay seller that goes to the trouble to take some exceptional pictures that we borrow?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.